Safety & Security
Obtaining Permits for Your Project
Some municipalities require permits for certain types of chimney repair services. We are available to assist you with the process.
The Permit Process
- The permit application process could take 3 to 4 weeks depending on your permit office.
- We may need you to help us obtain the application.
- We may need you (or the homeowner) to notarize some pieces of the application (per your permit office).
- We do not employ staff solely devoted to obtaining permits. You may want to directly follow up with your town to get status updates on the permit.
- Flue Tech charges a fee for completing all paperwork, attaching all material specs, postage and followups. This fee is nonrefundable. This fee is above the fee to your town which is the clients’ responsibility.
- You will be required to pick up and pay for the permit once it is ready at your local building department.
- A final inspection will be required by your town once work is complete. This is the homeowners’ responsibility to schedule. (Flue Tech may or may not need to be present depending on your town.)
Permits Are for Your Benefit
Permits are for the client’s benefit and are required for certain work in certain municipalities. Our office will do everything we can to fill out and submit the paperwork to the proper office but we do not have a dedicated staff for picking up, following up or completing applications.
The permitting and inspection process is to benefit the homeowner directly, and the client may be needed for certain portions of the process such as, but not limited to: paying and picking up the permit, answering building department questions or being home for the final inspection.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 866-Flue-Tech.